Friday, April 11, 2014

Provision and Perspective

Do I already have everything I need?

I'm sitting outside with a dear friend of mine listening to what the Lord has been teaching her through His Word. She mentioned Psalm 73...a piercing one which wonders whom have we in heaven but the Lord and states that there is nothing on earth to desire save him. 

My prayer is for these words to become mine. If only I could speak them with truth; if only I really did desire nothing save my Savior. 

But he has already given me everything! I have nothing to fear. I have the same power inside of me that raised Christ from the dead! Christ crucified! Christ IN ME! Christ, the Living Water, IN MY SOUL!

....

Why is it so hard to focus on that? Why am I distracted by the things of this world so easily? Can my spirit obey Colossians 3:2 for eight seconds? Is it possible to even set my eyes on things above?

Maybe. But not by by own power.

You see, there is a way to fight the flesh. There is a light, a hope, something to rely on as I die to myself over and over and over and over again. The keys? Running every time back to Jesus. When I feel tempted, I cry out for the Lord. I force myself to walk away or bite my tongue after begging the Spirit to intervene. And he does.

Our Lord is more than jsut a crutch or a prayer. He is our Fortress, our ever-present help in times of trouble. Our portion. Trust. Tower. Security. Life. He is truly all we need, and I must pray with all sincerity that he overhauls my mind in order to believe these words of freedom.

God, cleanse my eyes from trusting in anything but you. For you are real, and you are all I need. No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment